Hanukkah is a holiday of re-dedication. The word itself literally connotes a special kind of beginning: the term we use for a house warming is related, “hanukat habayit.” This time of year many rabbis like to give sermons talking about the appropriateness of imitating the Maccabees, who were religiously fervent, who stuck to their...
Read More »
- Teshuvot (Jewish Legal Opinions)
- Eating Dairy Meals in Unsupervised Restaurants
- Intellectual Property: Can you steal it if you can’t touch it?
- Whistleblowing: The requirement to report employer wrongdoing
- May a convert use a name other than “Ploni ben/bat Avraham Avinu”
- Davening Maariv Early on Erev Shabbat
- Purimshpiel During the Megillah Reading
- Torah Commentaries
- Israel Trail
- Human Rights
- Current Affairs