Today is the 21st of Elul; most Ashkenazi Jews started reciting Selichot (penitential prayers preparatory for the High Holidays) this evening, after the end of Shabbat. It registered on my consciousness that it was Elul a few weeks ago when we celebrated Rosh Chodesh. But I was very busy with travel, meetings, etc. And...
Read More »
- Teshuvot (Jewish Legal Opinions)
- Eating Dairy Meals in Unsupervised Restaurants
- Reciting a Blessing Over Non-Kosher Food
- Intellectual Property: Can you steal it if you can’t touch it?
- Whistleblowing: The requirement to report employer wrongdoing
- May a convert use a name other than “Ploni ben/bat Avraham Avinu”
- Davening Maariv Early on Erev Shabbat
- Purimshpiel During the Megillah Reading
- Torah Commentaries
- Israel Trail
- Human Rights
- Current Affairs